My school is called Abu Dhabi Children's Kindergarten & Chinese School, and it's a great place to work. It definitely has its challenges, but I really like it. The school is very well resourced, we have more than we need. My administration is supportive and helpful, and I enjoy my co-workers. The kids at my school are taught in Arabic, English, and Chinese. So, in the mornings at morning assembly you can here all kinds of different greetings...Ni Hao, Good Morning, Asalamalakum...
Here are some pictures...
This is my classroom.
This is a little play area outside my classroom. We've never used it ... it's way too hot.
This is the big indoor play area where the kids have their recess.
CHINESE?! Are you serious??? I'm DYING to find some chinese people and to use my Mandarin that I've been LEARNING FOR THE PAST 2+ years!! This is sooo cool, Lauren! You're school looks like so much fun! I definitely need to come visit. I'm coming to observe in December at ACS...maybe I should come to your school sometime too just to get some CHINESE love :)
Lauren, whoever designed this school was a genius! I can see why the playground is indoors! And I think the grocery store section is very clever. I would be shocked if the children did not have a good time every day. Is it a Montessori-style school? I see a lot of that influence.
CHINESE?! Are you serious??? I'm DYING to find some chinese people and to use my Mandarin that I've been LEARNING FOR THE PAST 2+ years!! This is sooo cool, Lauren! You're school looks like so much fun! I definitely need to come visit. I'm coming to observe in December at ACS...maybe I should come to your school sometime too just to get some CHINESE love :)
ReplyDeleteLauren, whoever designed this school was a genius! I can see why the playground is indoors! And I think the grocery store section is very clever. I would be shocked if the children did not have a good time every day. Is it a Montessori-style school? I see a lot of that influence.
ReplyDelete